Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
5 large beets cleaned
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped fresh parsley
5 ml (1 tsp.) Chopped fresh tarragon
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, blanched, peeled and mashed
1 shallot, peeled and chopped
80 ml (1/3 cup) cream 35%
juice of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190 ° C (350 ° F).
2. Arrange beets in a baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes. Correct cooking time depending on their size. Check for doneness by sticking a knife into the flesh. The latter should be tender.
3. Cool the beets, peel and slice. Cut the slices into strips and place in bowl. Season generously. Add onion and herbs.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and season well. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
5. Serve with fresh asparagus. Garnish with
lemon and fresh tarragon, if desired.